Visually impaired students, and children with impaired vision are using Online Education’s online learning solution, and subtitled educational video library, because it provides a unique and affordable online learning resource that teaches a comprehensive range of curriculum subjects – and because each video has a specially structured audio soundtrack that enables those visually impaired students to listen to, and learn exactly the same school curriculum material as their peers.
All of the online video (except Math) is subtitled and uses an enlarged font that provides significant benefits for those students with partial visual impairment and children with limited vision.
There is far more to Online Education than the use of visual learning…
There are four advanced features that makes online education learning program, the online learning solution of choice for the parents and teachers of children and students affected by impaired vision. As parents and teachers:
- They appreciate that the specially structured audio soundtrack on each video enables each child to listen to exactly the same information watched or read by their peers. And for those children with only partial sight impairment, use of the visual nature of video, and the enlarged fonts provided in the subtitles offers significant benefits over the standard textbook – including catering for most learning styles allowing them to process information in their preferred style, and the most effective manner.
- They understand that research has established the link between the use of subtitles (or captions) on video and the potential to improve reading and literacy skills. By using the enlarged font sizes used in the subtitles this provides the opportunity for the child with limited visual impairment to study a topic AND improve their reading and literacy skills AT THE SAME TIME.
- They recognise that the use of each audio soundtrack provides the student or child with access to the same learning material used in schools by their peers without the need for specialist equipment or expensive specialist publications like Braille books.
- They recognize the importance of enabling their children to study at their own speed and thereby achieve their greatest potential.
Online visual learning solution includes 6 key components:
- The subtitled videos that teach the information – often called the curriculum.
- The quizzes that test – but also continue the learning process.
- The lesson plans – for lesson preparation and lesson activities.
- The video study tools – that enables students to fully explore each topic.
- The Study Centre – enables student to track progress and provides additional resources (re-opening soon – new features currently being added)
- The very affordable family subscription – remains the same irrelevant of number of children.
Online learning benefits…
Our advanced online learning solution provides these significant and unequalled benefits for those families of children that are visually impaired:
Parent or Caregiver Benefits
- No special tutors or equipment needed
- Simple and straight forward to use
- Produces better learning outcomes
- Enables students to study on their own
- Family subscription includes all children
- Available online at any time 24/7
Benefits for the Visually Impaired Student
- Makes learning fun and more interesting
- Provides for different learning styles
- Removes need to see to learn
- Larger fonts improves reading capability
- Enables child to learn at their own speed
- Helps develop independent learning