Special needs children and students are using Online Education’s visual learning solution and subtitled educational video library because it provides a unique and compelling visual learning teaching resource for online learning that teaches a vast range of curriculum subjects – but more importantly, because it provides an effective introduction to online education for special needs children with choices – the choices of what to learn and how to learn it.
Depending on the severity of individual cases, Online Education does not see children with special needs as being any different to their peers. In fact many special needs children have exceptional abilities and have different gifts, all of which are exhibited in different ways. In many cases it is simply a matter of the parent or teacher having the opportunity and the ability to discover what they are. Having the opportunity to identify those qualities comes down to having the opportunity to work one-on-one with the child – and allowing them to make those choices that help in that identification process. Online Education simply provides the tools to enable the parent, teacher or caregiver to work one-on-one with each child.
Online Education’s learning service focuses on visual learning and the use of subtitled video as a teaching medium because all children have preferred learning styles. Visual learning caters most effectively for the widest range of learning styles – and by delivering the information to each student in the preferred format they are able to process it more effectively, which ensures that the learning process is, and continues to be, enjoyable, beneficial and interesting – an issue that is important for all children and not just those with special needs.
By providing the special needs student with the choice of what to learn, those children have the ability to demonstrate which topics interest them and suit their abilities – which then helps stimulate the learning process. Then by providing the material in a range of formats, they can proceed to process that information in the manner that best suits their preferred learning style. In other words, it makes learning easier.
There is far more to Online Education than the use of visual learning…
However there are three advanced features that makes Zane’s visual learning program, the online learning solution of choice for those parents and teachers that want to provide an effective education for their special needs children and students. As parents and teachers:
- They appreciate that visual learning and the use of subtitled video caters for most learning styles and provides each child with the choice to watch, listen to, or read each video presentation, allowing them to process information in their preferred style – and the most effective manner.
- They understand that research has established the link between the use of subtitles (or captions) on video and the potential to improve reading and literacy skills and this provides the opportunity for their children to study a topic AND improve their reading and literacy skills AT THE SAME TIME.
- They recognize the importance of enabling their children to study at their own speed and thereby achieve their greatest potential.
Online visual learning solution includes 6 key components:
- The subtitled videos that teach the information – often called the curriculum.
- The quizzes that test – but also continue the learning process.
- The lesson plans – for lesson preparation and lesson activities.
- The video study tools – that enables students to fully explore each topic.
- The Study Centre – enables student to track progress and provides additional resources (re-opening soon – new features currently being added)
- The very affordable family subscription – remains the same irrelevant of number of children.
Online learning benefits…
Our advanced online learning solution provides these significant and unequalled benefits for those families seeking education for their special needs child:
Parent or Teacher Benefits
- Reduces lesson preparation time and stress
- Clear, straight forward and simple to use
- Produces better learning outcomes
- Enables students to study on their own
- One family subscription includes all children
- Available online at any time 24/7
Benefits for the Special Needs Student
- Makes learning fun and more interesting
- Provides for different learning styles
- Students study each topic effectively
- Improves reading and literacy skills
- Enables child to learn at their own speed
- Helps develop independent learning