Students and children with reading difficulties are increasingly using Online Education’s online Visual Learning solution, and subtitled educational video library, because it provides a unique and affordable online visual learning resource that teaches a vast range of curriculum subjects using a format ultimately suited to the child with reading difficulties – because the audio-visual nature of each video enhances and empowers their learning potential by removing the need to read to learn.
Online Education does more than just removing the reliance on reading to enable those children to learn, it provides the information in a format (using subtitles on each video -except for Math) that provides each child with the potential to improve their reading and literacy skills at the same time.
In other words, it uses a format that overcomes their difficulties and enables their reading and literacy skills to improve AT THE SAME TIME they are studying and improving their knowledge of those subjects and topics they are studying each day. It therefore serves a dual purpose.
And used correctly, the recommended process used to achieve improvement in each child’s reading and literacy skills, will dramatically increase the amount of information retained and remembered by the student, of the topic itself.
There is far more to Online Education than the use of visual learning…
The three main reasons why Online Education’s visual learning program, is the online learning solution of choice for parents and teachers of those children and students with reading difficulties is because:
- They appreciate that visual learning and the use of subtitled video caters for most learning styles and provides each child with the choice to watch, listen to, or read each video presentation, allowing them to process information in their preferred style – and the most effective manner.
- They understand that research has established the link between the use of subtitles (or captions) on video and the potential to improve reading and literacy skills and this provides the opportunity for their children to study a topic AND improve their reading and literacy skills AT THE SAME TIME.
- They recognize the importance of enabling their children to study at their own speed and thereby achieve their greatest potential.
Online visual learning solution includes 6 key components:
- The subtitled videos that teach the information – often called the curriculum.
- The quizzes that test – but also continue the learning process.
- The lesson plans – for lesson preparation and lesson activities.
- The video study tools – that enables students to fully explore each topic.
- The Study Centre – enables student to track progress and provides additional resources (re-opening soon – new features currently being added)
- The very affordable family subscription – remains the same irrelevant of number of children.
Online learning benefits…
Our unique and advanced online learning solution provides these significant benefits for families of those children experiencing difficulties with reading:
Parent or Teacher Benefits
- No special Tutors or special classes needed
- Simple and straight forward to use
- Produces better learning outcomes
- Enables students to study on their own
- Family subscription includes all children
- Available online at any time 24/7
- Makes learning fun and more interesting
- Provides for different learning styles
- Removes the reliance on reading to learn
- Potential to improve reading and literacy skills
- Enables child to learn at their own speed
- Helps develop independent learning