Deaf and hearing impaired students are using Online Education’s online visual learning solution, and subtitled educational video library, because it provides a unique and affordable online visual learning teaching resource that teaches a comprehensive range of curriculum subjects – and because the subtitles (or captions) on each video enables them to read each presentation rather than hearing it.
Online learning service is similar to providing an online school for the hearing impaired. It provides access to the teaching (and testing) of the same curriculum subjects studied in schools using online video and visual learning – a highly effective and proven method of learning that removes the reliance on textbooks. Yet with the subtitles on each video it provides the perfect solution for the hearing impaired.
There is far more to Online Education than its use of visual learning…
However there are also three advanced features that makes online visual learning program, the online learning solution of choice for the parents and teachers of those children and students affected by hearing impairment. As parents or teachers:
- They appreciate that visual learning and the use of subtitled video caters for most learning styles and provides each child with the choice to watch, listen to, or read each video presentation, allowing them to process information in their preferred style – and the most effective manner.
- They understand that research has established the link between the use of subtitles (or captions) on video and the potential to improve reading and literacy skills and this provides the opportunity for their children to study a topic AND improve their reading and literacy skills AT THE SAME TIME.
- They recognize the importance of enabling their children to study at their own speed and thereby achieve their greatest potential.
Online visual learning solution includes 6 key components:
- The subtitled videos that teach the information – often called the curriculum.
- The quizzes that test – but also continue the learning process.
- The lesson plans – for lesson preparation and lesson activities.
- The video study tools – that enables students to fully explore each topic.
- The Study Centre – enables student to track progress and provides additional resources (re-opening soon – new features currently being added)
- The very affordable family subscription – remains the same irrelevant of number of children.
Online learning benefits…
Our advanced online learning solution provides these significant and unequalled benefits for those families of children that are hearing impaired:
Parent or Teacher Benefits
- No special tutors or equipment needed
- Simple and straight forward to use
- Produces better learning outcomes
- Enables students to study on their own
- Family subscription includes all children
- Available online at any time 24/7
Benefits for the Hearing Impaired Student
- Makes learning fun and more interesting
- Caters for different learning styles
- Removes need to hear to learn
- Improves reading and literacy skills
- Enables child to learn at their own speed
- Helps develop independent learning