Gifted children are using Online Education’s online visual learning solution, and subtitled educational video library, because it provides a service that is similar to an online school for the gifted learner.
Online education provides a unique and affordable visual learning resource that teaches a comprehensive range of curriculum subjects that enables gifted children to study the same material being used at school, at their own speed without being held back by their peers – thereby enabling them to achieve their greatest potential.
Online learning service focuses on visual learning and the use of subtitled video as a teaching medium because even gifted children have preferred learning styles. Visual learning caters most effectively for the widest range of learning styles – and by delivering the information to each student in the preferred format they are able to process it most effectively, which ensures that the learning process is, and continues to be, enjoyable, beneficial and interesting.
There is far more to Online Education than the use of visual learning…
There are three advanced features that makes our visual learning program, the online learning solution of choice for those parents and teachers of gifted learners. As parents or teachers:
- They appreciate that visual learning and the use of subtitled video caters for most learning styles and provides each child with the choice to watch, listen to, or read each video presentation, allowing them to process information in their preferred style – and the most effective manner.
- They understand that research has established the link between the use of subtitles (or captions) on video and the potential to improve reading and literacy skills and this provides the opportunity for their children to study a topic AND improve their reading and literacy skills AT THE SAME TIME.
- They recognize the importance of enabling their children to study at their own speed and thereby achieve their greatest potential.
Online visual learning solution includes 6 key components:
- The subtitled videos that teach the information – often called the curriculum.
- The quizzes that test – but also continue the learning process.
- The lesson plans – for lesson preparation and lesson activities.
- The video study tools – that enables students to fully explore each topic.
- The Study Centre – enables student to track progress and provides additional resources (re-opening soon – new features currently being added)
- The very affordable family subscription – remains the same irrelevant of number of children.
Online learning benefits…
Our advanced online learning solution provides these significant and unequalled benefits for the families of the gifted student:
Parent or Teacher Benefits
- No Tutors or special classes needed
- Simple and straight forward to use
- Produces improved learning outcomes
- Enables students to study on their own
- Family subscription includes all children
- Available online at any time 24/7
Benefits for the Gifted Student
- Visual learning encourages study
- Provides for different learning styles
- Removes reliance on reading to learn
- Improves reading and literacy skills
- Enables child to learn at their own speed
- Develops independent learning