School for Dyslexia Online
Dyslexia students and children with Dyslexia are increasingly using online Visual Learning solution, and subtitled educational video library, because it provides a unique and affordable online visual learning resource that teaches a vast range of curriculum subjects using a format ultimately suited to the child with dyslexia – because the audio-visual nature of each video enhances and empowers their learning potential by removing the need to read to learn.
Online learning service is similar to providing an online school for the child with dyslexia. It provides access to the teaching (and testing) of the same curriculum subjects studied in schools using online video and visual learning – a highly effective and proven method of learning that removes the reliance on reading textbooks alone. With the subtitles provided on each video (except Math) it provides the perfect solution for the dyslexic student because it also provides the means by which they also have the potential to improve and possibly overcome their dyslexia, and improve their reading and literacy skills at the same time.
But there is far more to Education than the use of visual learning…
There are also three advanced features that makes the online learning the choice for parents and teachers of those many children and students affected by Dyslexia.
- They appreciate that visual learning and the use of subtitled video caters for most learning styles and provides each child with the choice to watch, listen to, or read each video presentation, allowing them to process information in their preferred style – and the most effective manner.
- They understand that research has established the link between the use of subtitles (or captions) on video and the potential to improve reading and literacy skills and this provides the opportunity for their children to study a topic AND improve their reading and literacy skills AT THE SAME TIME.
- They recognize the importance of enabling their children to study at their own speed and thereby achieve their greatest potential.
Online visual learning solution includes:
- The subtitled videos that teach the information – often called the curriculum.
- The quizzes that test – but also continue the learning process.
- The lesson plans – for lesson preparation and lesson activities.
- The video study tools – that enables students to fully explore each topic.
- The Study Centre – enables student to track progress and provides additional resources (re-opening soon)
- The very affordable family subscription – remains the same irrelevant of number of children.
Online learning benefits
Our advanced online learning solution provides these significant and unequalled benefits for those families affected by dyslexia:
Parent or Teacher Benefits
- No special Tutors or special classes needed
- Simple and straight forward to use
- Produces better learning outcomes
- Enables students to study on their own
- Family subscription includes all children
- Available online at any time 24/7
Benefits for the Dyslexic Student
- Makes learning fun and more interesting
- Provides the ideal learning alternative
- Removes the need to be able to read to learn.
- Potential to improve reading and literacy skills
- Enables child to learn at their own speed
- Helps develop independent learning