Parents and teachers of autistic children are using Educational online visual learning solution and their subtitled educational video library, because it provides a unique and compelling introduction to autistic education and online learning for their autistic child.
These visual learning resources teach a vast range of curriculum subjects and enable the stimulation of the learning process by allowing children with autism to explore and demonstrate what topics interest them – an essential factor in stimulating their desire to learn.
This creates a favourable starting point in their learning experience – which can then be developed.
Many parents, teachers and care-givers have discovered that a significant number of autistic students respond better to starting the learning process if they are provided with the material that interests them, rather than demanding they learn what we think they should know. Then, having stimulated the child’s desire to know more and the learning process, they have the opportunity to feed and develop it.
The online learning service focuses on visual learning and the use of subtitled video as a teaching medium because all children have preferred learning styles. Visual learning caters most effectively for the widest range of learning styles – and by delivering the information to each student in the preferred format they are able to process it most effectively, which ensures that the learning process is, and continues to be, enjoyable, beneficial and interesting – an issue that is important for all children and not just those affected by autism.
But there is far more to Education than the use of visual learning…
There are 3 advanced features of an online visual learning program, the online learning solution of choice for the parents and teachers of autistic children. As parents or teachers:
- They appreciate that visual learning and the use of subtitled video caters for most learning styles and provides each child with the choice to watch, listen to, or read each video presentation, allowing them to process information in their preferred style – and the most effective manner.
- They understand that research has established the link between the use of subtitles (or captions) on video and the potential to improve reading and literacy skills and this provides the opportunity for their children to study a topic AND improve their reading and literacy skills AT THE SAME TIME.
- They recognize the importance of enabling their children to study at their own speed and thereby achieve their greatest potential.
Online visual learning solution includes:
- The subtitled videos that teach the information – often called the curriculum.
- The quizzes that test – but also continue the learning process.
- The lesson plans – for lesson preparation and lesson activities.
- The video study tools – that enables students to fully explore each topic.
- The Study Centre – enables student to track progress and provides additional resources (re-opening soon – new features currently being added)
- The very affordable family subscription – remains the same irrelevant of number of children.
Online learning benefits
Online learning solution provides these significant and unequalled benefits for those parents of children with autism, and the children themselves:
Parent or Caregiver Benefits
- No special Tutors or special classes needed
- Simple and straight forward to use
- Produces better learning outcomes
- Quickly identify what interests your child
- Family subscription includes all children
- Available online at any time 24/7
- Makes learning fun and more interesting
- Provides for different learning styles
- Stimulates each child’s learning process
- Improves reading and literacy skills
- Enables child to learn at their own speed
- Helps develop independent learning.